Do you cover your mouth when you smile or laugh? Is going out to dinner an ordeal because of your teeth? Do missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures affect your speech? Are you exhausted from dental pain, illness and repeated expensive dental procedures?
You are not alone. The All-on-4™ dental implant may be the solution for you. A full 98 percent of All-on-4™ recipients confirmed the process was worth it and would recommend it to others.
Who is a good candidate for All-on-4™?
The All-on-4™ dental implant is designed to help individuals struggling with issues of failing or lost teeth. It offers a permanent, relatively quick, cost-effective yet high-tech solution to once more have real teeth. All-on-4™ is especially beneficial for:
- Current or soon-to-be denture wearers.
- Patients facing multiple implants.
- Individuals battling acute periodontal disease.
- People experiencing tooth loss with bone atrophy.
What exactly is All-on-4™?
The All-on-4™ dental implant is a surgically implanted prosthetic device. Each unit is one arch -an upper or lower set of teeth. Each arch has three components: four titanium pins, an abutment, and teeth.
- Four implants – titanium pins – are fixed into the jawbone. Two (in front) are vertical. Two (in back) are angled to increase bone-to-implant contact and ensure stability.
- The abutment looks much like a gum form. Once anchored onto the titanium implants, it will hold your new teeth.
- Your new teeth attach to the abutment to accommodate easy, noninvasive adjustments.
When will I have teeth again?
The beauty of All-on-4™ is that patients get their teeth the same day they receive their implants!
For the first 6 months, you will have a practice set of teeth. They will look and feel like your real teeth but are an interim measure. This period is important because it:
- Gives your gums and jawbone time to heal fully.
- Provides time for bone to grow and clamp around the implants.
- Allows for fine tuning to ensure you are completely satisfied with your final, permanent set of teeth.
After 6 months, you will receive your permanent set of teeth. These teeth are stronger, fully adjusted to compensate for any changes in your mouth, and the final step in the process.
How will my teeth feel?
They will feel just like your original teeth, only better: no pain and no cavities. You will be able to:
- Speak and enunciate clearly.
- Bite, chew, sip or drink what you like confidently.
- Experience hot and cold without pain!
Patients remark on how stable their new teeth are, with none of the shifting or dropping experienced with dentures or bridges. Your teeth will feel like they belong in your mouth; you will feel like you are ready to enjoy life.
How will my teeth look?
Your All-on-4™™ teeth will look like your teeth -the very best teeth you could ever have. If you were to meet someone new, they would never guess that your smile is thanks to an All-on-4™ dental implant. Looking natural is a priority, so your teeth will be made just for you, custom designed to fit your face, your mouth. Many patients comment that their new teeth fill in sagging cheek and lip areas, giving them a more youthful look.
Is there pain with the All-on-4™?
Implanting the All-on-4™ is completed in one surgery, with just four implants and 2.5 hours per arch. You are completely anesthetized for the procedure; you are sedated through it all. Recovery time does vary with health condition and age. However, compared with other, more invasive procedures requiring multiple surgeries over months, All-on-4™ is relatively quick. Add to that a person’s daily physical pain, ongoing health issues, and mental and emotional distress attributable to failing teeth, and the All-on-4™ offers a one-day final solution.
Will my All-on-4™ require special care?
Your All-on-4™ gives you a new set of real teeth to brush and floss. You can schedule regular cleaning appointments just as you would for regular teeth. A good rule of thumb is to treat them as you would your own precious teeth because that is what they are.
What about bone loss issues?
All-on-4™ dental implants were designed with bone deficiency issues in mind. While some implants require bone grafts or many implants, the All-on-4™ process angles the posterior titanium implants to allow:
- Access to quality anterior bone.
- Use of longer implants, with more bone-to-implant surface area.
The All-on-4™ may even prevent any further bone loss. The All-on-4™ has a 98-percent implant survival rate after 10 years.
What All-on-4™ office is near me
If you live near Miami, FL, Dr. John Paul Gallardo offers TeethXPress® among its services, and is conveniently located at 2020 SW 27th Ave, Suite 100, Miami, FL, 33145